What I am doing: I am trying to post almost everyday for the next few weeks.
Why I’m doing this: What retirement or semi-retirement has taught me: The less I have to do, the less I do. And the harder it is do it.
- BY PRESSURING myself, I may force myself to find new – read shorter --ways to post. Maybe even more creative ways.
- DEADLINES work for me. If I know I have to post, I will just post – whether it is drivel or not. That’s what I liked about writing for newspapers. What you wrote today was forgotten tomorrow.
- ANOTHER THING I liked: If I was working on a longer piece, I would wake up in the middle of the night with a perfect phrase – just the right words for the piece. I would get out of bed and write it down. My sleeping mind was working on problems. It rarely works that way these days, but just last week after writing a post, I had one those perfect phrases come to me in the middle of the night. I didn’t get up. I went back to sleep – and by morning it was gone. But I liked thinking about my brain firing up in the mid-sleep as it rarely does anymore.
- · I DIDN'T blog for almost a year and I want to either recommit or quit or find the right balance. I get overwhelmed with my own expectations.
- · I AM CONSIDERING redesigning and I don’t want to bother if I am going to be too lazy to create content for it.
· Goldilocks: I already know how little is too little, need to explore how much is too much. Maybe I can find what’s just right: 2X or 3X probably.